RDC Dance Ambassadors
Revolution Dance Centers’ Ambassadors are proactive and confident young dancers who have been recommended by teachers to be advocates for the studio. Our Ambassadors are more then just dancers; they are given the unique opportunity to be a part of the RDC community as performers and representatives of Revolution Dance Center.
To be considered for the Dance Ambassador program, all applicants, including existing Dance Ambassadors, must do the following BY MONDAY June 1, 2020:
1. Fill out the application (it can be downloaded from RDC website’s Document Center)
2. Create a proposal for a studio-wide service project,
3. Get recommendations from one RDC teachers (the recommendation form is available on RDC’s website in the Document Center)
4. Schedule an interview on either June 6 or June 7- 4 to 7pm.
What Happens Next? Your information will be reviewed by the Dance Ambassador Director and the Studio Owners. You will be notified by Mon. June 8th if you have been selected to be a Dance Ambassador. If you are selected, you must return the Dance Ambassador contract and you will be enrolled in the mandatory intensive in Summer 2020, the required ballet & jazz classes and the Dance Ambassador class.
Be registered in and maintain a 65% attendance in a ballet-only class in your age range.
2. Be registered in and maintain a 65% attendance in either Thursday 5:30 Int. Jazz or 7:30 Int. Jazz class (based on age).
3. Attend the weekly Dance Ambassador class- Thursday between 6:30 and 7:30pm. This class is offered at NO charge to you.
4. Participate in 3+ community performances throughout the year.
5. Act as a greeter/helper at RDC events such as Open House, Picture Week, Recital or other community outreach programs.
6. Attend a 2-day Dance Ambassador intensive – June 29 and 30, 2020 from 9am to 12noon. (sorry there are no make ups for this intensive)
7. Participate in 1 Master Class offered by RDC during the year
8. Participate in RDC’s Service Projects
9. Perform in RDC’s Dance Ambassador Holiday Show number
10. Perform in at least one show of RDC’s Recital in the Opening Number (Teacher Feature)
Additional Performance Opportunities:
Participate in Dance The Magic parade at Disneyland (Optional)
Participate in one in studio showcase
Participate in community performances
Headshot style photos
Recognition in Recital Program
Free performance class on Thursdays
Costs to Participate:
RDC classes – regular RDC fee schedule
Summer Dance Intensive - $150 per dancer
Performance Costume (used for community performances, studio showcases, Holiday Show, recital) - $75-$90 (plus tax)- Due when it is received
Additional costs for optional performances (Dance the Magic etc.) (as provided with each opportunity)
Headshot sitting ($25 per dancer)
Master class ($18 to $45 depending upon master teacher)
Dance Ambassador Sweatshirt ($25 plus tax)- Due September 1, 2020