RDC Dance Ambassadors
Revolution Dance Centers’ Ambassadors are proactive and confident young dancers who have been recommended by teachers to be advocates for the studio. Our Ambassadors are more then just dancers; they are given the unique opportunity to be a part of the RDC community as performers and representatives of Revolution Dance Center. To be considered for the Dance Ambassador program, all applicants, including existing Dance Ambassadors, must do the following BY THURSDAY, MAY 23:
1. Fill out the application (it can be downloaded from RDC website’s Document Center)
2. Create a proposal for a studio-wide service project,
3. Get recommendations from one RDC teachers (the recommendation form is available on RDC’s website in the Document Center)
4. Schedule an interview on either June 1 or June 2 (times will be determined at a later date) - Bring items 1 and 2 with you to the interview.
What Happens Nex t? Your information will be reviewed by the Dance Ambassador Director and the Studio Owners. You will be notified by Wed. June 5th if you have been selected to be a Dance Ambassador. If you are selected, you must return the Dance Ambassador contract and enroll in required classes and intensive by Wednesday, June 12th.
1. Be registered in and maintain a 65% attendance in a ballet-only class in your age range.
2. Be registered in and maintain a 65% attendance in either Thursday 5:30 Int. Jazz or 7:30 Int. Jazz class (based on age).
3. Attend the weekly Dance Ambassador class- Thursday between 6:30 and 7:30pm. This class is offered at NO charge to you.
4. Participate in 3+ community performances throughout the year
5. Act as a greeter/helper at RDC events such as Open House, Picture Week, Recital or other community outreach programs
6. Attend a 2-day Dance Ambassador intensive – August 5 and 6, 2019 from 9am to 12noon.
7. Participate in 1 Master Class offered by RDC during the year
8. Participate in RDC’s Service Projects
9. Perform in RDC’s Dance Ambassador Holiday Show number
10. Perform in at least one show of RDC’s Recital in the Opening Number (Teacher Feature)